• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

ODBC can't access database

L

lukinhasb

Hello,

I'll try to expose my problem with as information as I can do... My problem is the following:

I can't access my database trough ODBC, but I can access it by clicking on
"Databases", with the same informations on both (user, password, etc).

Error: Unable to connect to the data source using the defined settings. Server has returned:
ODBCError HY000: [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user
'myusername'@'localhost'
(using password: YES)

It's clearly an login/password error, but I can access my database with the exact same datas in
"Database" option

What I've done:

1 - Log me in at plesk (https://windows1.absamhost.com.br:8443/login.php3) with my user
and password
2 - Went to "Databases"
3 - Add New Database
4 - Database name: "mydatabase", Database Server: "MySQL"
5 - Add New Database User
6 - Database Username: "myusername", New Password: "mypassword"

Ok, at this point I can access my database, edit it and stuff

Then

7 - ODBC Data Sources
9 - Add New ODBC DSN
10 - Connection Name: "mydatabase", Connection Description "empty", Driver:
"MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver"
11 - Now it shows some options to configure the connection, wich is set as show bellow:

[DRIVER] MySQL ODBC Driver ---- MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver
[Server] * The hostname of the MySQL server ---- localhost, because when I access the database it
shows like username: myusername@localhost
[Database] The default database---- mydatabase
[User] * The username used to connect to MySQL ---- myusername
[Password] * The password for the user account on server ---- mypassword
[Port] The TCP/IP port to use if server is not localhost ---- 3306
[Socket] Windows named pipe to connect to if server is localhost ---- empty
[Option] Options that specify how MyODBC should work.---- 0 (wich value should I put here?)

That's all I've done.

My objective: Access my database trough my computer. The database is hosted at absamhost.com.br, and
I think they've not managed to solve the problem, trough the support tickets I've sent
them

How do I do this? What's wrong?

PS: An interesting thing is that my user does not have "SUPER" privileges, it seems he can
only edit "mydatabase" database, I tried to execute an "delete trigger" command it
said I didn't have SUPER privileges to do this... Maybe there's some conection with my
probem? Like, ODBC is trying to connect as a root user, and not directly on "mydatabase"
database?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back