• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Older emails missing in inbox

EoinC

New Pleskian
Hi

I'm using Plesk Onyx 17.8.11, emails older than 3 weeks seem to be disappearing from my inbox, has anyone encountered this issue before?

Eoin

You can check your email clients. One of them is configured to remove mails that are older than 21 days from the mailbox.

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply, I can't quite find the setting that has it to delete after a certain amount of time.

Would you happen to know where I can find such a setting?

You can find it in the account configuration of your email account of your email clients. There's almost always a checkbox where you can configure how long read or deleted mails shall be kept in the server mailbox. Sometimes you need to click a "More ..." button to see more options, but this setting is almost certainly there.

Hi Peter

In this situation would this setting be found on the users Outlook client as opposed to a setting within plesk?

It is purely client driven. You can find the setup in the configuration of your mail client, not on the server. The server does not have an auto-remove-after-n-ndays function.

Back