• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

One site on multiple IPs in Plesk

MikkyX2

New Pleskian
Hi all,
I need to have a site which, temporarily at least, works on 2 IP addresses within Plesk. Owing to a lot of customers still using older browsers, we need to migrate a site from a shared IP to a dedicated one because Apache SNI isn't an option for the SSL parts of the site. However, we are trying to do this without downtime which, of course, the DNS changeover would introduce (going from IP A to IP B)

So what we want to do is have the site in Plesk working on A.A.A.A *and* A.A.A.B at the same time. However, all my attempts to do this have failed. Per the instructions here (http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...nistration-guide/index.htm?fileName=68693.htm - this is the V11 guide but the files are the same) I modified the vhost templates to <VirtualHost *:80> and made sure NameVirtualHost was set to all IPs as well (NameVirtualHost *:80> - but on reconfiguring the domain in question it immediately starting showing the Plesk default page instead. Removing my custom config file from /usr/psa/local/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain and rebuilding the config to put it back on an IP based virtual host got things back up and running.

Is what I'm after even possible or is Plesk too stuck on binding sites to IPs to allow me to do this?

Back