• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Only today's logs are available on a high traffic website

Pinocchio

New Pleskian
Hi,

I wanted to view logs from a few days ago but they're not available at Websites & Domains > Logs. Only today's logs are available. It's a high traffic website. What should I check?

The log viewer shows today's log by default.
If you want to view the previous days' logs then click on "Manage Log Files" and you'll see the rotated logs.
Also, check your "Log Rotation" settings and make sure you keep the logs long enough according to your needs.

The log viewer shows today's log by default.
If you want to view the previous days' logs then click on "Manage Log Files" and you'll see the rotated logs.
Thanks for your reply. I did go to the "Manage Log Files" section and only today's files are available.
Also, check your "Log Rotation" settings and make sure you keep the logs long enough according to your needs.
For some reason, the "Log Rotation" option was unchecked. I turned it back on with the default settings (by size 10240 KB, Maximum number of log file 10, compression on).

No, they are not gone, they are right there. They have been rotated and renamed. The ones with "processed" and/or .x.gz in the name are the previous log files.

Note: You configured log rotation based on file size, so you won't get a new log every day. I personally find it more convenient to configure daily log rotation so that a new file is created every day.

I see, thanks Monty. So, assuming I want to keep daily log files for 30 days, should I confugure rotation like the following?

Screenshot from 2021-07-27 16-01-11.png

Yes, this should keep the logs for 30 days with a new log file each day. Just make sure that this is compliant with your local GDPR but that's a whole other story

No, they are not gone, they are right there. They have been rotated and renamed. The ones with "processed" and/or .x.gz in the name are the previous log files.
I wonder why it didn't rotate proxy_access_ssl_log, though.

Back