• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Open in Web Button fails, showing Plesk login

PeterK900

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
I have been testing moving sites between servers involving DNS changes. As part of this process, I used the Website Disable option for the first time. The website worked fine on server 2 but when restored to server 1, this problem arose. I have already carried out a server migration with another site successfully.

The website previews correctly but redirects to the Plesk login screen https://[my website]/login_up.php?success_redirect_url=%2F when clicking the Open in Web button

I looked at this post but I've made no changes to iPv4/6 or any other Plesk configuration settings. I've checked the .htaccess file and that is unaltered from the version where the site displayed as it should.

Luckily the site that's causing the problem isn't important. But I need to know what I've done wrong so I don't get this problem with a live site. Can someone help, please.

I grovel. I was looking at Plesk for the wrong server! When I open Plesk for the server where the DNS entries point and enable the site, everything works as it should.
Sorry to have been so careless and to have posted unnecessarily. I'm now heading off for some sleep before I make any more silly mistakes. Sorry once again.

Back