• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

open_basedir restriction in effect but file is in the correct dir

CFI

New Pleskian
I am trying to move some sites to a new server and I am getting the following Error:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(configuration.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (C:\Inetpub\vhosts\domain.com\domains\domain.com\www\;C:\Windows\Temp) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\domain.com\domains\domain.com\www\index.php on line 18

But the configuration.php file is in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\domain.com\domains\domain.com\www\!

I am nearly getting cracy here as this makes absolutely no sense to me.
I can even set the open_basedir value to none and still get the same error.
Same also for using PHP 5.2 or 5.3.

The only thing which got me a little bit further was setting a dirname(__FILE__) in front of the call in index.php on line 18, but this is no solution as I can't alter all file references in the whole CMS. Because of this I also tried to add the www folder to the include path without any luck.

Everything was working fine on the old machine (running CentOS).

UPDATE: Just found out, that the Working Directory is wrong. It is the directory of the php executable not the main script or DOCROOT, but I have no idea how to fix that...
UPDATE2: It works when using CGI instead of FastCGI.

Last edited:
Did you find a way to resolve this issue while running PHP via FastCGI? I have the same issue following update of Plesk Panel 9.5.4 to 11.0.9 plus installation of PHP 5.3.

Websites that were working fine on PHP 5.2.17 FastCGI now fail with error: open_basedir restriction in effect when require_once('file.inc') is called.

Any idea how to resolve?

No, I am running my pages as CGI at the moment and will switch to ASP.NET soon so I am not activly searching a solution anymore...

Back