• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue open_basedir wrong in TYPO3

Sellighsphire

New Pleskian
Hi!

I've set up a new subdomain and installed a new fresh TYPO3 v8.7
I've configured TYPO3 properly so it works fine (for the first sight).
I then checked ability to perform gd-operations and TYPO3 failed with following error:

Core: Exception handler (WEB): Uncaught TYPO3 Exception: #1170251401: Could not create directory "typo3temp/assets/images/"! | RuntimeException thrown in file /var/www/vhosts/domain.de/test.domain.de/typo3_src-8.7.0/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Utility/GeneralUtility.php in line 2322. Requested URL: http://test.domain.de/typo3/sysext/...all[context]=backend&install[controller]=tool

At this point I can't figure out what the real problem is.
I then discovered another problem within TYPO3:

Core: Error handler (BE): PHP Warning: is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/vhosts/domain.de/test.domain.de/../typo3temp/assets/compressed/xtheme-t3skin-dfd71f128a8ee5183ccd80adfbffc743.css) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/domain.de/test.domain.de/:/tmp/:/typo3:../) in /var/www/vhosts/domain.de/test.domain.de/typo3_src-8.7.0/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Resource/ResourceCompressor.php line 440

I was thinking that the "../" part is the problem. Seems to me that TYPO3 is looking at the wrong basedir.
So the question is: Is this some problem from TYPO3 or is it a problem within the configuration of plesk?
Any hint will be appreciated much.

TYPO3 is installed in path /var/www/vhosts/domain.de/test.domain.de/ and therefore the typo3temp-folder is located at /var/www/vhosts/domain.de/test.domain.de/typo3temp/

Regards
Jens

Hi Sellighsphire,

So the question is: Is this some problem from TYPO3 or is it a problem within the configuration of plesk?
Any hint will be appreciated much.
Plesk doesn't configure your content at all, not even the content that you install over the application vault. It might "pack" apps, though, but if the content needs additional modifications ( in your case: additional open_basdir - expansion ), you have to modify that by yourself. :)

Pls. always consider to check as well user and group permissions of your content, to avoid issues/errors/problems.

Back