• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Outgoing email issue

zumzum

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

outgoing email is always headache.

I bought Alibaba Cloud ECS with Plesk (Plesk Onyx 17.8.11, Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS‬), and everything works OK except the outgoing email's which are in Mail Que, and I can not send any email anywhere.

What is the issue? I put all the screenshot attached.

I don't have any idea on this.

Thanks

Attachments

• plesk-1.png
    plesk-1.png
    399.4 KB · Views: 16
  • plesk-2.png
    plesk-2.png
    481.5 KB · Views: 20
  • plesk-3.png
    plesk-3.png
    356.6 KB · Views: 21
  • plesk-4.png
    plesk-4.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 21
  • alibaba-1.png
    alibaba-1.png
    289.5 KB · Views: 13
Hi @Peter Debik,

this is Alibaba IP and it's not blacklisted at all. Those 5 blacklisted results has nothing with not mail going out at all.

I think there is other problem regarding this. Reverse IP maybe?

How to set up Reverse IP on Alibaba ECS?

btw. We are not sending any spam emails.

True, the IP doesn't seem to be listed in actual spam lists. Also, RDNS is correctly set to vps.b2bunblock.com and other DNS records seem fine too.

But you do have 1000+ messages in the outgoing queue. Looks like you were doing a commercial mailing? Approximately how many messages did you send out, did some get through?

Two possible reasons immediately come to mind:
- the recipient's servers noticed a sudden large volume of outgoing mail coming from your address/IP and blocked you
- recipient's servers use graylisting so your messages are temporarily delayed.

Are the stuck messages intended for many different recipients under individual domains, or are they mostly headed to gmail.com or similar addresses? If the latter, than your IP and/or address might indeed be blacklisted by them directly.

And a third possible reason: your VPS provider might be blocking outgoing SMTP.

Hi,

1000+ messages are in queue because of the price update on our website, it happens once or twice a month.

Alibaba is blocking port 25 I figured it now.

How to change port 25 to any other port on Plesk configuration?

Unless Alibaba stops blocking your SMTP, there isn't much you can do.

Well, apart from using another mail server. If using your own is a must, Alibaba will have to unblock you. Or you'll need to move to another provider.

Alibaba Cloud actually blocks outgoing port 25 by default, and also will reblock the port if they detect what they consider spam. This absolutely resembles spam. Contact them; it's your best solutions at this point.

The thing is if I want to move to another provider I have to pay. I can not use it on my instance on AlibabaCloud.

I don't know why AlibabaCloud make so difficult to send an email from their ECS instances, I really don't know.

Is there any way to change my outgoing ports to 465 in postfix and how?

Alibaba is blocking SMTP to prevent sending spam. It's a common practice for certain VPS offerings. Changing the ports of your mail server won't help.

Servers sending mail to your mail server expect your port 25 to work. Your mail server needs to be able to send mail out to other mail servers port 25. Changing the port number on your side won't help you with either receiving or sending mail, it simply won't have any effect.

Like I said, either get them to unblock you, use a 3rd party mail server or move from Alibaba to somewhere else (but do check if they allow SMTP first).

Back