1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Outgoing IP with qmail

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by neilhand, Feb 11, 2009.

  1. neilhand

    neilhand Guest

    0
     
    Hello All,

    I hope someone can give me some help here. I have searched many places, and found references to this issue but none that seem recent.

    I am trying to set my outgoing IP used by qmail to something other than the first IP of the server.

    I have created a /var/qmail/control/outgoingip file, but it does not seem to have any affect.

    So my question is, do i need to install a qmail patch even with the qmail installed with plesk 9.0.1? Is so, could you please provide a description of what needs to be done.

    My reason for trying to change the outgoing IP is to make sure that the rDNS performed for mail verification is correct. Currently the rDNS points back to one of the other IP's in the address pool.

    Thanks
     
  2. Stefan Lehmann

    Stefan Lehmann Guest

    0
     
    Me too...

    Hi NeilHand,

    I've gone through the same issue as you, in trying to protect the sender reputation of one virtual domain over another. I suspect you've got a similar motivation.

    Try as I might, I have not been able to find documentation about how to solve this issue outside of doing a complete reinstall of Qmail on the Plesk server. This has been a nightmarish experience as Plesk applies it's own patches to the source at installation and the patches I found to resolve this IP issue seem to conflict with the Plesk Patches.

    I'm continuing to work through it, ut here's what I've found so far.

    Here is the solution I found in the form of a short article and providing the patched c files:
    http://www.digitaldaemon.com/FreeBSD/qmail/index.html

    Here's an article on the patches plesk uses at install time.
    http://kb.odin.com/en/1161

    Here's the qmail source I've been using. Part of a package from Qmail Rocks. It could be that particular package that's causing the trouble. Not really sure.
    http://www.qmailrocks.org/install_rh.htm

    Anyway, good luck in your qeust. I'll update you if I'm ever successful n making this work. Please do the same for me if you find a solution.

    Thanks

    Slehmann
     
Loading...