• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Outlook IMAP/POP/SMTP (SSL/TLS) Issues

shahbaz

New Pleskian
Greetings Guys,

I have just moved from cPanel to Plesk and found that my clients are complaining about connectivity issues using Outlook over IMAP/POP/SMTP (SSL/TLS).

Did ask from VPS provider, they said its a BUG in Plesk .. is this true? If not please share on how to fix this.

Also, my is under managed services with the provider, where I have limited access as reseller.

Attachments

• error-1.png
    error-1.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 9
It's impossible to say what the issue is based on those screenshots. I am also not aware of any bug in Plesk that would prohibit logging in your email account.

If you don't manage the Plesk server yourself, ask you provider or server administrator for help on the issue.

Hey Kaspar. thanks for your response.

unfortunately, i did ask from provider but they said its a bug in plesk, therefore it can not connect outlook IMAP/POP/SMTP (SSL/TLS)
but on other side thunderbird client is working properly in same PC
if you want to test please let me know i can give you temp email account

Sorry for interuption, I hade the same issue exactly as mentioned above by Mr. Shahbaz and the output from Outlook login is the same too. The version of Outlook is am using is 1.2024.327.300(Production)

Attachments

• Outlook-version.png
    Outlook-version.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 10
Yes all ports are open. Thunderbird can connect but outlook simply can not..
The best suggestion I have to work with your provider to find the exact cause. Without knowing all the details it's hard to say what could cause this.

For reference I just setup a test server with Plesk, created an email account and added it successfully to Outlook (version 1.2024.327.300, also known as "the new Outlook"). Worked without any issue for me.

Yes, I did manually to add the email accounts, and I tried step by step after following that reference you provide
Instead of using the domain name, try to use the server's hostname. If the cert doesn't match and you did not accept the security exception proposal once, future attempts may fail without showing the dialog again.
Make sure that the SSL/TLS setting of the outgoing mail server match the selected port. For example: port 465+SSL/TLS, port 587+STARTSSL/STARTLS, port 25+no SSL.

The best suggestion I have to work with your provider to find the exact cause. Without knowing all the details it's hard to say what could cause this.

For reference I just setup a test server with Plesk, created an email account and added it successfully to Outlook (version 1.2024.327.300, also known as "the new Outlook"). Worked without any issue for me.
Are you using secure/SSL configuration?

Instead of using the domain name, try to use the server's hostname. If the cert doesn't match and you did not accept the security exception proposal once, future attempts may fail without showing the dialog again.
Make sure that the SSL/TLS setting of the outgoing mail server match the selected port. For example: port 465+SSL/TLS, port 587+STARTSSL/STARTLS, port 25+no SSL.
Also did that but with no luck

Back