• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Parking Domains

X

xerex

I have a customer who has 3 domain names, but wants to use only one of them, and have the other 2 forward to the primary domain. My question is who can I do this without the 2 domains that will not be hosting pages, from taking up 2 of my available domain licenses.

You need to do it manually in IIS and manually enter the dns in Bind.

IIS: Right click on the domain and get properties in IIS. Hit the advanced button in the website identification. Hit add, select your shared hosting IP. TCP port 80 and add the domain in the host header. (id domain.com and any other cname/alias's such as www.domain.com)

BIND: Go to C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\dns\var and copy one of the domain templates in there. Edit it with notepad according to your domain and save it as the domain name. Make sure not to put a txt extension on it.

Go to C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\dns\etc and edit named.conf duplicate an entry starting with zone and ending with }; Edit the entry to reflect the location of your domain file in var. Save and restart plesk.

Back