• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Passenger chrashes on logrotate

basdebruin

New Pleskian
Since 2 weeks on every logrotate (midnight) I receive this error:

[ E 2021-06-28 00:02:52.0639 463459/T0 apa/Hooks.cpp:750 ]: Unexpected error in mod_passenger: Cannot connect to the Passenger core at unix:/tmp/passenger.tWygnUX/agents.s/core
Backtrace:
in 'Passenger::FileDescriptor Passenger::Apache2Module::Hooks::connectToCore()' (Hooks.cpp:343)
in 'int Passenger::Apache2Module::Hooks::handleRequest(request_rec*)' (Hooks.cpp:622)

I need to manually restart apache server to solve this.

Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.36

I found some references and a possible fix in Passenger 6.09 but notice my passenger version is 6.08

Since 2 weeks on every logrotate (midnight) I receive this error:

[ E 2021-06-28 00:02:52.0639 463459/T0 apa/Hooks.cpp:750 ]: Unexpected error in mod_passenger: Cannot connect to the Passenger core at unix:/tmp/passenger.tWygnUX/agents.s/core
Backtrace:
in 'Passenger::FileDescriptor Passenger::Apache2Module::Hooks::connectToCore()' (Hooks.cpp:343)
in 'int Passenger::Apache2Module::Hooks::handleRequest(request_rec*)' (Hooks.cpp:622)

I need to manually restart apache server to solve this.

Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.36

I found some references and a possible fix in Passenger 6.09 but notice my passenger version is 6.08
Hi basdebruin,

I am facing exact the same issue for a long time and don;t know how to solve this.

[ E 2022-03-19 20:36:10.0633 32442/T0 apa/Hooks.cpp:751 ]: Unexpected error in mod_passenger: Cannot connect to the Passenger core at unix:/var/passenger/passenger.laVvB0R/agents.s/core Backtrace: in 'Passenger::FileDescriptor Passenger::Apache2Module::Hooks::connectToCore()' (Hooks.cpp:343) in 'int Passenger::Apache2Module::Hooks::handleRequest(request_rec*)' (Hooks.cpp:622)

When i manually restart the server te problem is solved for a while after it appears again.

Did you have found a solution for this?
How did you managed to fix it?

Hope to hear from you, Roy

Back