• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Password Protected Mailing-List

S

semase

Hi @All,

when you create a maillinglist ([email protected]) in a domain, you have to insert an "Mailing-List Administrator"([email protected]).

After creating a new Mailing-List, the Administrator of them get an Mail from MailEnable. In this Mail there is a short discription like the following:

"send a mail with the subject 'help' to the mail-list and you get more informations."

Now I send this to the Mailserver and get a E-Mail back, how to subscribe and how to unsubscribe users to the Mail-List. This all is OK, but in the Response-Message there is some told some feature I never saw in the Plesk-Interface. There was told something about a Password-Protection of the Mailing-List.

Course we have Mail-List were not everyone should be able to Add himself and delete themselfs.

I think when you have a newsletter-function, that is nice, cource you have no work with adding and deleting mails from your costumers who get them, they can add and delete themself to the list, but when you have Mailgroups in your own company, that is not so nice when everyone can add or delete themself to your mailgroup ([email protected]).

How can I protect this Mailgroups with Passwords, course the Frontend of 8.2 doesn't do this. And then when I have protected the Mailgroups how can users add and delete themself from the mailgroup by using the password.

Is this modification only able to do in MailEnable-Administrator and when, where have I to do this.

Best Regard for your answer

Christian

Hello Christian,

Thank you for the report.
Unfortunately this functionality is unavailable through Plesk for Windows yet.
We will fix the issue as soon as possible.

Back