• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Password protection for WordPress Multisite

jhkoning

New Pleskian
hey everyone,
i have a multsite install & i want to password protect it. i've done this, however it's simply not working. is it not possible to use this functionality with multisite, or, am i missing a key step somewhere?
feel free to take a look and let me know if you see a holding page (logo), or if you get asked for a username/password.
it should be the later.

thanks,
Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

I was able to reproduce the issue on a test subdomain-based multisite. Password Protection is working for the main site of the instance, but other sites are ignored. At the same time, I checked that the feature works for subdirectory-based instances.
The bug in WordPress toolkit was confirmed: EXTWPTOOLK-5771. We are planning to fix it in future versions of the extension.

As a workaround, you may try using Password Protected Directories in Plesk > Domains > example.com. Based on your configuration, it can be helpful.

Back