• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PCI compliance - Upgrade Mysql

coolcap

Basic Pleskian
PCI compliance scan audit says :-

The version of MySQL running on this host is prone to several denial of service vulnerabilities. An attacker could leverage these to the database to crash and deny access to legitimate users.

To FIX: This issue was fixed with the release of version 5.1.49 of MySQL. However, it is strongly recommended that the latest stable version with all of the appropriate patches be installed.

Now how do we perform this upgrade of mysql we are on plesk 10.3.0 and its a openSUSE 11.3.

Last edited:
Upgrade MySQL

Simply, enter into commandline:

Code:
yum upgrade mysql / apt-get upgrade mysql
Code:
mysql_upgrade -h localhost -uadmin -p
Use "mysqlcheck" with -a, -o and/or -f before you upgrade to a new version.

Upgrade Mysql

Edward,

Thanks for the replay, what I am worried of will plesk crash if we upgrade the mysql ?

Also its a openSUSE 11.3, so yum and apt won't work here.

Thanks

Last edited:
Upgrade Mysql

IgorG,

I don't understand your answer, we are on plesk 10.3.0 and the OS on the server is openSUSE 11.3

Is it not supported, do I have upgrade plesk, what is the command to do so.

Thanks,
Nitin

According to http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...-plesk-panel-10.3.1-for-linux-based-os.html#3 openSUSE 11.3 is supported by Plesk 10.3.1. You can upgrade your Plesk to latest version with
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller or /opt/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller command. Just run it and follow instructions.
Plesk doesn’t ship mysql, it only downloads it from original OS vendor repo and it is quite likely it may be outdated there (especially for older OS). If your OS comes with mysql 5.5.x, then Plesk would run mysql 5.5.x for clients.

Upgrade Mysql

I have just upgraded the plesk panel to 10.3.1 but Mysql server did not got updated.

Please assist further.

Thanks,
Nitin B

Upgrade Mysql

Do we have any alternative option to upgrade the mysql server at our end, also it should not break plesk panel.

- Nitin B

Coolcap:

I don't know anything about openSUSE, but essentially what Igor is saying is that Plesk itself doesn't provide the database - that comes from your OS. So you need to update MySQL using whatever commands your OS requires you to use in order to update MySQL (and anything else that might need updating). Isn't openSUSE DEB-based? if so use apt-get (man apt-get for info).

Before you can use MySQL 5.5, however, you need to update your version of Plesk to a minimum of 10.3.1 and you've done that, so that's good.

And before you do ANYTHING: Backup your server so that you can restore if anything goes horribly wrong.

Back