• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Perfect Domain Setup

S

sadbassa

Hi Guys,

I have gone trough the archives and have come close to answer but still not an exact match. I have the following issue with my 1abd1 server.

I set up a domain. I use the 1and1 DNS server. It all goes ok, but then I find that whilst the email works, the webmail works, and SFTP works. I cannont view the homepage for the site which seems to stick a default holding page.

I have noted that there is a full set of DNS records within the Plesk control panel.

What would be the most efficient way of setting up the DNS, should I disable the Plesk DNS, if using the 1and1 name servers or should I set the shared IP address of the Plesk server as the primary DNS server and allow plesk to do it all from there.

As a note the last domain I set up did as described above but eventually the main website became accessible (2 days after the mail etc went active...)

Slightly irritating and because of propogation difficult to try and work through! Thanks.

Steve

I have had the privilege of looking after a 1 and 1 plesk server and the first task was to re-write all the dns zones as the default provided has problems.

However, 2 ip addresses delegated with your nameserver domain with primary dns set to the address of your plesk server works just fine.

If you have any more problems please just shout.

Back