• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

perl dumps errors

O

omar_armas

Hi, I have Plesk 8.1/Mailenable in Windows 2003. My problem is that C partition is full from time to time and I found some very big perl files in C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\ErrorRep\UserDumps.
Files names are something like:
perl.exe.20070104-194836-00.hdmp

and it's size is about 2GB each one.

I´ve found about 3 or 4 at the same time, and it seems to coincide with a window error which reads "Perl Command Line Interpreter encountered a problem and needed to close".

Any idea about what can it be and how to solve it?
When these file fill the disk, I cant receieve/send emails, but if I erase it it gets solved, but they appear again.

Omar

Omar, what is your approximate mail flow? Messages per minute, hour, or even second?

Hi, I have about 500 users, all send/receive mails all the time, but dont have a number.
How does it affect?

Omar

It affects in very simple manner - Spamassassin code results in memory leak in perl interpreter, and more messages you get more probability that perl will have time to get enough bytes to be out of space (2Gb is exactly the limit for 32-bit windows process).
I think this avoidable by swsoft, if they willing to do so.

I disabled spamassassin globally, do you think that could solve the problem?
What I cant find is a way to stop the service.

(I fact I just setup an external antispam/antivirus gateway[mailfoundry], I dont need spamassassin anymore)

Omar

Back