• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Perl errors after Plesk 10.4.4 Upgrade

JMB8877

New Pleskian
Hi,

I took the plunge and upgraded my CentOS 5.7 box from Plesk from 10.3.1 to 10.4.4 today. Everything seemed to go well, until I get a call from a client whose YaBB forum (programmed in Perl) had stopped working, giving a 500 error. It was working fine before the upgrade.

Now, I don't know much about Perl. Looking at the error log I can see the following each time a page is requested:

[Thu Feb 23 20:22:55 2012] [error] Can't locate ./Variables/Settings.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/psa/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 . /etc/httpd ./Modules ./Modules/Upload ./Modules/Digest) at /var/www/vhosts/*************.com/archive/YaBB.pl line 53.\n
Line 53 in YaBB.pl is:

require "$vardir/Settings.pl";

We have substituted the $vardir variable for the full path and it still can't find the file.

Running the YaBB.pl script in the terminal via SSH, it executes fine and returns the HTML code for the page as excepted.

I tried turning Perl off for the domain in question and disabling mod_perl in Apache. The strange thing is, even with all that turned OFF, the script still runs and returns the error. Surely that shouldn't happen if Perl is disabled for the domain?

I created a new domain for testing and ran some test scripts. Any Perl script that tries to include or require another file will fail with above error that it can't locate the file.

Obviously something has gone wrong with the Perl configuration on the server, but I have no idea what or why. All I know for sure is it was fine until the Plesk 10.4.4 update...

Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers,

JMB

Last edited:
I seem to have fixed this by unchecking the 'Perl' and 'CGI Support' boxes for the domain in the Plesk Control Panel! So turning Perl and CGI support OFF still enabled Perl scripts to run... Hmm.

Back