• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue perl skripts homedirectory

moswak

Regular Pleskian
Plesk 12.5.30 Update #45
CentOS 7.2.1511

Anybody here who uses perlscripts ?

An old confixx-user wants to move his sites to plesk. he uses many perl-skripts but they dont work in plesk.
the scripts are outside cgi-bin, they worked but the cant get the right directory. fascgi, cgi, perl is aktivated.

Query on the alleged current directory shows the root / directory of the server and not the directory in users webspace.

i`ve searched in the kb but didn`t found a solution.

can anybody help ?

Hi moswak,

pls. consider to check for example:

Home > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > Websites & Domains > Hosting Settings

Home > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > Websites & Domains > FTP Accounts > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM - SYSTEM - USER

Pls. make sure that the associated service plan for the domain allows the wanted permissions:

Home > Service Plans > Hosting Plans > YOUR-SERVICE-PLAN-ASSOCIATED-WITH-THE-DOMAIN > ( tab ) Hosting Parameters

If you use a "chrooted environment", pls. make sure, that the necessary binaries are available at "/var/www/vhosts/chroot" and consider to read as well:

If you need further help with investigations and/or to solve your issue(s). pls. consider to add error - log - messages which point to your issue(s), so that people willing to help you don't have to guess, what might be mis/unconfigured for your domain. It might help as well to add the content of a script, which results in errors/issues/problems, so that possible advanced investigations can be done, because nobody is able to guess the root cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi UFHH01,

ive check serviceplan, subscription hostings setting all is ok. cgo, perl is allowed. i think you missunderstood me. perl scripts are working they can`t only find the current directory.
pleas use attached test.txt - rename ist to test.pl ... call is domain.com/test.pl outside cgi-bin folder
what do you see under "This is the query about supposedly current directory" ?
and what you see under "This is the query about the actually current directory" ?

Attachments

• test.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi moswak,

maybe YOU misunderstood my helping words, because you think, that it might be necessary to test MY server(s)/vhost(s) configuration - I don't have issues, as described by you on my servers - well if it satisfy you, the answer to your latest question is:
  1. /var/www/vhosts/MY-DOMAIN.COM/httpdocs
  2. /var/www/vhosts/MY-DOMAIN.COM/httpdocs
... but this answer will not help you at all, I think. ;)

Hi UFHH01,

>> but this answer will not help you at all, I think. ;)

yes :)

i think my serviceplan, subscription hostings setting allows the wanted permissions.
so the issues must be in /var/www/vhosts/chroot ?
there must be perl in /var/www/vhosts/chroot/usr/bin ?

Hi moswak,

consider as well to check your "include_path" and "open_basedir" settings in your depending "php.ini" - files, if you experience issues, because you don't necessarily have to have all binaries in the chrooted environment, when you already included their paths there.

Back