• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Permission denied in conf folder and many things else...

D

dunno

Hello,
i'm having troubles that frustate very much.
All of a sudden, i can't write any php.ini, any httpd.conf and cannot access to any conf folder !! i can't do anything without having a nice and gentle "PERMISSION DENIED"...

Does that come from the 9.0 version of Plesk ???

Help me pls !!

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Well, after having invistigated many times, i still have not any clue why i've got a bright and shiny "Permission denied" when trying to access to the "conf" folder for all the website i host !!
It's a bit frustating when you're supposed to be God with your very own dedicated server !

Any clue???? please

how do you try to edit the conf files ?
are you logged in as root over ssh ?

Thank you for hearing me !
I'm using the SSH terminal via plesk, under my domains menu. I'm also using Putty
Regarding the SSH terminal via Plesk, i've set it up as /bin/sh in the paramaters of my domains

I am also having the same problem via ftp and via the plesk control panel. Even the admin user is restricted from accessing the /conf folder. Is there anyway to get around this?

You should ssh into the server as root. You can use sftp as well. I normally use gftp and can view and edit files, as long as your root.

If your not running Linux on your desktop you have to use some windows program that allows sftp protocol.

Only root has access to core system files like your base /etc/php.ini file.

I already have tried to ssh-ing into the server as root, no luck

EDIT: managed to make it work with SFTPas root. So a question comes to mind : why the heck SSH as root doesnt allow me to edit files or browse folders?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back