• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Permission issues

F

FritzK

I'm trying to run an executable remotely from the command line on my virtual dedicated server with the PHP function exec(), but for some reason am having access issues with Plesk.

If I use the absolute path I get "Access is Denied," even though fileperms() is telling me that I have 777 permission on the folder and file. If I use chdir to change directories first I get "(file) is not recognized as an internal or external command..." I can echo remotely from the command like to STDOUT and I can manipulate files with fopen() and fputcsv(), but for some reason it's not letting me run any executables remotely. The folder I need to access is copied under system PATH.

I've seen a number of threads on folder/file permission issues with Plesk on this forum, but haven't had success with any of the proposed solutions (e.g., removing "deny" for psacln and psaadm, which doesn't seem to work). Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks
- Fritz

Back