• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

personal repository creation hangs

duupje

New Pleskian
Hi, new plesk installation, new server, windows 2012 dataserver R2.

I set up the personal repository info and on save it hangs.
Manual ftp to that other server works.
Adding :21 to the address does not help.

Can anyone fix this?

Thanks Igor,
In the pmmcli.log i found this;

[2013-12-11 08:37:50.891|5844] DEBUG: --> <pmmcli.CheckFtpRepositoryAction object at 0x021C5930>
[2013-12-11 08:37:50.891|5844] INFO: stdin: <dumps-storage-credentials storage-type="backup-node" use-passive-ftp-mode="false" use-ftps="false"><login>pproot</login><password>xxxsomepassword</password><hostname>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</hostname><root-dir>/ppbackups</root-dir><file-name/></dumps-storage-credentials>
[2013-12-11 08:37:50.907|5844] DEBUG: <pmmcli.ActionRunner object at 0x021C5630>: doActivity
[2013-12-11 08:37:50.907|5844] INFO: Executing <subprocess[3184] 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Parallels\\Plesk\\admin\\bin\\pmm-ras --check-repository --dump-storage=ftp://[email protected]//ppbackups/'>

And after 10 minutes already, nothing is returned.
I've replaced the ip address and password info in this logging!

Where can I find the error or log file of the backup process so I can find out what is happening?

Thanks Igor,
Ran a backup twice; 1x configuration only, 1x with content. All is running fine for my server repository.
But when i set up a remote personal ftp account, i enter the ftp info and hit OK.
Then it keep running for a long time with a timeout at the end.

Nothing is logged about this in the back up folder (pmm > logs).
Where can i find output or errors of this saving?

Have you checked ftp server log? There are should be records about connection attempts, etc.

No i can't. I'm trying to back up to a remote server but that is shared hosting, no access to ftp logs.
From the machine were i run plesk and do the backup, i can do ftp to that shared hosting machine without a problem. I test this with windows file explorer.
So this confirms that e.g. no firewall is blocking the communication between both machines.

So when I can do a manual ftp between the plesk server machine to the shared hosting machine, it works.
When I set up my personal repository on the plesk server machine and i specify the same info (domain, username & password) it keeps hanging when I hit the OK button.
What could be the difference?

Or IgorG, did you mean the ftp log on the plesk server machine? Is that the normal ftp program that plesk is using?

I just check the server ftp log folder at C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles.
There is not logfile modified for today although I just entered the personal repository info in plesk a few minutes ago...

Last edited:
Hello,

Is there any firewall installed on server? If yes did you try disabling firewall? Some time certain ports gets blocked in firewall and it can blocked the transfers.

No, that should not be it.
I can ftp manually between both locations. But then - at the other hand - it should also time out after some 30 seconds.
When I click OK to save it hangs forever.

Back