• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question PHP 7.4. installed in wrong path?

Metalshoe

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have an Vserver with CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)‬ and Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 . I tried to install php 7.4 over SSH. When I call up php -v, I also get version 7.4.20.
In Plesk I only get version 7.2.34. and I have now looked at the paths and found that version 7.4 is not installed in opt / plesk / php but under / usr / bin.
I think that's why I got php 7.4. can't see it in my admin panel.
What do I have to do to install Php 7.4 correctly ?

I am a beginner via SSH and thank you for your help.

Greets
Metalshoe

Yes I have. Now i have removed the files manually and then installed the version php 7.4. again.
But the problem is the same. I can't see php7.4 in my Plesk-GUI.
Please look at my picture. What can i do to use php7.4. for one or all my sites on the server?
I have read many tutorials and tested it, but no one help me for my problem.
Thanks for your help.

Greets Metalshoe

Attachments

• screenshot putty 10.06.21.jpg
    screenshot putty 10.06.21.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 5
That's a problem. I can't update my Plesk Onyx, because then it is chargeable with 10 € p.m.
But I have root access via SSH and I'm looking for a solution.
Today I tried the following:
It doesn't work. Error message: failed to create symbolic link '/var/www/vhosts/chroot/bin/php': File exists
Does somebody has any idea?

Short version: PHP 7.4 is not supported by your ancient Plesk Onyx 17.5.
I wouldn't lose time trying to make it work with a sledgehammer.
Plesk Onyx is EOL now and you should really consider upgrading to Plesk Obsidian, which will give you PHP 7.4 and 8.0 out of the box without any manual workarounds.

Back