• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php-cgi causing heavy load - websites unresponsive

Imad S

New Pleskian
Hey,

I'm pretty green to PLESK, really need help here.

I started experiencing problems with the server a little while ago, first the server ran out of inodes. Found out it was a php session issue and plesk couldn't clear the back log. I've temporarily renamed the old session folder and created a new one in it's place. Things seemed fine for a couple of hours, but now the websites have become unresponsive. I've checked htop and the server is running an average load of 4, which shouldn't be a problem but websites just die or load too slow. Htop also reports 5-6 php-cgi threads each consuming around 30-50% cpu.

The server is an AMD octacore with 32GB RAM and 2x 250GB SSD's running in raid-1 on Centos 6.4.

I've checked the ASL (Atomic Secure Linux) panel and the server doesn't seem to be under a DDOS attack, which leads me to suspect high disk IO is causing the problem but I don't know how to troubleshoot that.
Please help.

Back