• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP/FastCGI unable to write to domain directory.

C

CPASS

Hello,

We're currently in the process of setting up a Virtuozzo/Plesk 8.3 environment (Windows Server 2003) and are running into a little bit of trouble. In our skeleton, we provide our domain users with various PHP (we're running under fastcgi) scripts that need the ability to create new .html files under their domain directory.

We're running into a permissions issue, however - PHP has the ability to overwrite existing files, but not create new files. I tried running FileMon to see what users are lacking permissions, but got an error ("Error loading FILEMON701: This driver has been blocked from loading") when trying to run it. I would like the domain users' directories to be writeable (for new files) as soon as the domain is set up. Does anyone know how to accomplish this within Plesk? Failing that, does anyone know what user would need write access to the directory - I could always create a utility to set the permissions for us via Event Manager.

As an aside, does anyone have any recommendations for a US-based Plesk consultant that could help us out with various things that come up?

Thanks!

Edit: After further testing, it looks like the problem is that the IUSR_domainname (Plesk IIS User) doesn't have write access to the domain folder, but has write access on the files within that folder. Is there a way to set plesk up to allow the user write access to their domain folders automatically? The user I'm testing with was initially set up with the option for "additional write/modify privileges" checked.

Hello CPASS,

Please don't change permissions on the domain's home directory directly - please create new files/folcers in existing directories (for example, "httpdocs" or "private").

Back