• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP gives error how to fix it?

D

Dejin

There is a domain which is using Wordpress blog script.
You can view pages, or sub menus but when you clich the topics it is giving following error:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

If I will refresh then it says
SERVICE UNAVAILABLE and all php scripts are not working.
I have to restart the server to start also it made the same problem in SMF forums.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?
I have plesk 7.6.1 and Windows 2003 Server. Thanks a lot from now on.

Also it makes the same thing with aaveradark topsites script and smf forum's if you want to update your profile....

hey, did you try to upgrade your plesk php version to the latest one? PHP 4.4.4 ? This should fix your problem.

Henryk

I can confirm this is more than likely your problem.

I had to upgrade to version 4.4.4 from 4.4.2, accessing external urls was broken in 4.4.2. (fopen() function etc)

The steps to upgrade to PHP 4.4.4 are:

1. Download zip distributive of the php 4.4.4 (not binary installer)
2. Unzip to any folder on the desktop
3. Go to the c:\program files\swsoft\plesk\additional. There you will find the old php folder. Back it up, I copied it to the same folder and called it Php.4.4.2. After that delete the contents of the old php folder and copy/paste (not move) the content of unzipped php4.4.4 to there.

This did not work correctly.
I had a website wich was working fine. I followed the directions to the step. Now the one website shows a 505 error.
i revert back to 442 works fine. now every other website works fine this server only has 11 sites 4 of wich are mainly used. The rest are redirects mainly.
2 are written in html with a few php line inserts. The other two are running php based sites. They show the error but when i revert back no problems whats wrong?

Ok it did work I had the service error and had just restarted the app pool. It works fine after I rebooted. I am sorry for not checking completely.

ok nvm it still gives the error but its 500 not 505 sorry for that

www.ladderdueling.com
but all other sites works fine even

but when i use 4.4.2 it works fine no problems

what changes besides bug fixes in php?

500 is an internal server error. A generic error to say somethings gone wrong on the server.

Check the windows event viewer after vising the page anf getting the error. Its in control panel / administrative tools.

More details on the acutal error should be there.

just to update it is working fine I must have gotten a corrupt download. Anyways I redownloaded the php package installed it and it worked just fine. Sorry for the misleading posts

In Plesk 7.6.1

simply create ".php" extension mapping from IIS : right click "Web Sites" : "Home Directory" tab >Configuration>Mappings

click "Cache ISAPI Extensions" then click "Add"

Executable: "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Php\php.exe"

Extension: .php

Verbs: All Verbs

so, even your PLESK will be faster and your php scripts work correctly! I tried it!

Originally posted by renleon
I can confirm this is more than likely your problem.

I had to upgrade to version 4.4.4 from 4.4.2, accessing external urls was broken in 4.4.2. (fopen() function etc)

The steps to upgrade to PHP 4.4.4 are:

1. Download zip distributive of the php 4.4.4 (not binary installer)
2. Unzip to any folder on the desktop
3. Go to the c:\program files\swsoft\plesk\additional. There you will find the old php folder. Back it up, I copied it to the same folder and called it Php.4.4.2. After that delete the contents of the old php folder and copy/paste (not move) the content of unzipped php4.4.4 to there.

This worked for me. No more cgi header errors when processing .php forms. no reboot or restarting applications pools required. Worked right away! Thank you!

Back