• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue PHP mail not working after Plesk upgrade

Togfather

New Pleskian
Hello. I am new here and new to Plesk configuration, so please bear with my ignorance, as I am a web designer and know nothing about running the back end. I have a hosting account with Ionos and have 27 sites on their server.
I recently saw a message when I logged into Plesk that an updated version was available and clicked to install it.
Now I have a major problem with web pages that use php mail() to send emails from web forms. The php script works and shows the success message to the visitor, but the email does not arrive at its destination.
These forms have been working OK until the Plesk latest version, so I am deducing that the upgrade did something to stop php mail from working correctly.

I contacted Ionos to ask them to fix this and they told me that this is outside the scope of support I can receive from Ionos and I should get my system administrator to fix the problem.

I do not have a system administrator. There is just me and I know nothing about systems, just web design. The person I spoke to said he could see emails sitting in a queue but told me I would have to get that resolved myself.

This is very frustrating as I am completely at a loss and my clients are not getting enquiries from their websites.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I have searched through the Plesk panel but cannot see anything I should change. I found a post on here which mentioned a command line, but I cannot see where that is.

Many thanks

Tog :)

If you are so far from system administration, then I would advise you to contact the Plesk technical support team, because giving you recommendations within the forum discussion which commands to execute in Linux command line and how to analyze their output, we will not go far.

If you are so far from system administration, then I would advise you to contact the Plesk technical support team, because giving you recommendations within the forum discussion which commands to execute in Linux command line and how to analyze their output, we will not go far.
Is there somewhere I can learn how to use the Linux command line in easy steps?

Back