1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

php mail() problem still .....

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by dave_s_wang, Feb 3, 2006.

1. dave_s_wang

dave_s_wang Guest

Still having a php mail issue. The error in the error log is :

sh: /usr/sbin/sendmail: Permission denied

I've tried this with the folling sendmail_path's in php.ini (rebooting every time i changed it)

sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
    sendmail_path = /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject
    sendmail_path = /var/qmail/bin/sendmail -t -i

the permissions are:
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Oct 11 19:21 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> /var/qmail/bin/sendmail

-r-xr-xr-x 1 root qmail 41976 Aug 24 02:21 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject

-r-xr-xr-x 1 root qmail 9756 Aug 24 02:21 /var/qmail/bin/sendmail

Thanks again in advance. This problem has been plaguing me for awhile, any help would be appreciated.

2. dave_s_wang

dave_s_wang Guest

3. riquel

riquel Guest

4. dave_s_wang

dave_s_wang Guest

so i finally coughed up the $75 to fix this problem since no one has come up with a solution in the forums. since i've received a lot of help here i decided to contribute what the tech support suggested which fixed the problem:

/usr/sbin/setenforce 0

this only solves the problem temporarily until you reboot the server. you need to comment out or adjust the /etc/selinux/config :

SELINUX=enforcing

tech support said to comment it out, but Im not exactl sure what selinux is, so I just used the command line entry to unset it before i made the config change.

hope this helps someone.
    -d