• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Php memory change

Ko_de_Vries_(J.W.)

New Pleskian
Hi there,

First of all : I am using PLESK now for a number of years, and will continue to do so in the future, it's awesome!

Lately i took over a Wordpress website that is quite massive in size regarding to pages (>300 and posts >800)
Also the wordpress database is already at 156mb.

I would like to give this site a php memory increase, it's current value is 256M, there's enough memory available on my VPS.
I found this article : https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...the memory_limit for,the new value, e.g. 128M.

It is clear to me, but, my questions are these :

(1) If i increase this limit, does that also increases the memory that can/will be used for the Wordpress database handling capability for that site ?
(2) If i change this limit via Plesk, does any specific service needs a restart ?

I am running Debian 10.11, Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.37 Update #2

I hope you can help.

Regards, Ko de Vries

(1) If i increase this limit, does that also increases the memory that can/will be used for the Wordpress database handling capability for that site ?
The method described in the KB article is intended for tuning the memory of the backend PHP processes. To adjust memory for MySQL processes, other methods are used, and tuning is done in the my.cnf config file of MySQL. This article can help you in this matter: MySQL Performance Tuning
(2) If i change this limit via Plesk, does any specific service needs a restart ?
You may need to restart the corresponding php-fpm service.

Back