• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP per domain in Plesk

cotus

New Pleskian
Hi to all,
first I would say I'm not a php programmer and I've search into forum but I've found nothing really exhaustive.

The point is: is it possible or not to define differents php values per each domain in Plesk?

I used to set php as "apache module" in plesk panel and then let my customers to use .htaccess with php values inside.
This defenetevly definitely works but what about if a customer puts some absurd value inside .htaaccess ? for example "php_value memory_limit 1000M" ?
Is it safe for my server? I doubt it

Moreover I discovered recently that's safer to use PHP as CGI in order to limit the possibility to affect the whole server in case of wrong or malicious php code.
So I've tried it on Plesk panel but I've immediatly see that php value inside .htaccess is nomore considered.

Coclusion: To be, or not to be: that is the question
better to use PHP as apache module? or as CGI? how to use differents parameters for each domain without loosing server security?

Please take part to this discussion and give your opinion/contributions to this perennial question.
Thanks

Andrea

Back