• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP Problems

JArnoldussen

Basic Pleskian
Some time ago, I upgrade PHP on our Plesk 7.5.6 server to PHP 5. Thanks to a helpful member here, I was able to get Plesk to recognize the new PHP installation, and it is listed in the componenets properly. However, each new domain we setup does will not run PHP files, even though PHP was checked in the domain setup. The only solution I've come up with so far was to re-install PHP on the server each time, and the installer will properly enable PHP on the domain. How can I resolve this for once and for all?

I did this last time already, and while that works, it doesn't seem to affect new domains added after this is done.

I'll try it again, see what happens.

I'd like to point out that this solutions fixes the PHP settings on all current sites, but all new sites do not work with PHP. For every single site we add to our server, we need to re-run the PHP installer.

Change the php web site extensions to the latest version of php on the default site and all future sites created should use your new version of php.

Back