• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP unrecognized

D

da-arf

Hello,

I have a little problem with my Plesk.

I have the version 7.0.3 for Windows installed on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition French.

My problem is that recently the Plesk web interface does not detect my PHP component anymore. It appears "not installed". It used to work well, and all my already configured web sites still work well too. But I cannot activate/deactivate PHP on any site as the check box is disabled. I cannot neither activate PHP when creating a new site for the same reason. Unless I create the site WITHOUT PHP and add it manually in IIS Management Console.

I have searched any answer on your forums and FAQ but I don't see where it can come from.

Thank you in advance for your support,

Cheers,

have you re-installed the php? when did it begin? search for php update to find the solution. it is a nasty problem when it happens.

I finally found the solution a few days ago while browsing the forum !

I had tried to uninstall/reinstall Plesk update 7.0.3, thinking it would repair my installation but it didn't change anything . . . I was thinking of uninstalling Plesk completely when I reread the warning in your thread : http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19269

I then understood that Plesk was not searching for its own php.exe but for the extensions dir, even if not using PHP extensions.

SOLUTION :
I simply changed the "extension_dir" in the php.ini file located in the system dir (C:\windows) from "./" to "C:\Program Files\SWSoft\Plesk\Php\Extensions".

I restarted the server and it corrected instantly the problem.

Thank you AbsolutelyFreeW for your answer.

This forum is great and usefull and I know you are a particulary active user.

Wish this could be usefull to someone else . . .

PS : I think I had this problem after trying to install VTiger CRM Software. Do not install this piece of software if Plesk installed . . . OR explain me HOW you managed this ;-)

Back