• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Php5 And Php4

S

Smokester

Is it possible to leave things as they are for PHP4 on a Plesk server, but compile and install PHP5 in say /usr/local/php5, and have a #!/usr/local/php5/bin/php at the top of a .php5 file?

I'm not interested in setting up a server with non standard RPM's, as this would likely cause upgrade headaches in the future, but would also like to offer PHP5 functionality to users. MySQL 4.x should be doable by just having it running as well, but on a non standard port and setting up databases and users manually instead of through Plesk, thats not a huge deal...

dont need mysql on a separate port, you can just upgrade it to 4.1

As I said in the original post, I don't want to use non standard RPM's. I don't want to run into a big headache when a Plesk upgrade blows up down the road.

Yes, and those work great with the current version of Plesk. But what about when you go to upgrade to Plesk 8 when it comes out? There is no guarentee that it'll work then. And if things DO go wrong, and there is non standard software on the machine, SWSoft isn't even going to help at all.

Back