• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHPBB updated but older sites still using vulnerable code.

S

seanstephens

Hi,

I updated my phpBB because our server got hacked through one of the phpBB vulnerabilities. Now I am on a new server with new version of phpBB but old sites still getting hacked. Do I have to remove the old version of the BB and then re-install it? Why is the old version still around? Why does plesk not upgrade the older versions automatically?

It would be very difficult to upgrade Application Vault packages in place, because if any adjustments were made to them at all - user-level hacks, custom images, etc - they could well disappear and you'd likely get loads of complaints. It would be nice if SWsoft could do this, but I imagine it'd be a lot of work to do right.

For the moment, you'll need to upgrade any existing scripts in-place. Most apps have upgrade scripts for this, including phpBB if I'm not very much mistaken.

adam

Back