1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

PHPBB updated but older sites still using vulnerable code.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by seanstephens, Oct 18, 2005.

1. seanstephens

seanstephens Guest

Hi,

I updated my phpBB because our server got hacked through one of the phpBB vulnerabilities. Now I am on a new server with new version of phpBB but old sites still getting hacked. Do I have to remove the old version of the BB and then re-install it? Why is the old version still around? Why does plesk not upgrade the older versions automatically?

2. dahamsta

dahamsta Guest

It would be very difficult to upgrade Application Vault packages in place, because if any adjustments were made to them at all - user-level hacks, custom images, etc - they could well disappear and you'd likely get loads of complaints. It would be nice if SWsoft could do this, but I imagine it'd be a lot of work to do right.

For the moment, you'll need to upgrade any existing scripts in-place. Most apps have upgrade scripts for this, including phpBB if I'm not very much mistaken.

adam