• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved phpcfg failed: Unable to update settings in .user.ini file

Khalid

New Pleskian
hello
I have a "Virtual Private Server" by Godaddy.
Plesk 12 is installed on it.
Initially I used the iis directly to start my web site without using Plesk
Now I want to add more web sites to my hosting.

When I open plesk window and go to "Change Hosting Type" , I select "Website Hosting" , I fill username and password and finally Click OK.
I get the following Error:
"Error: phpcfg failed: Unable to update settings in .user.ini file: Directory 'C:\Inetpub\vhosts\s104-246-81-51.secureserver.net\httpdocs' does not exist (Error code 1)"

I have to host other sites beside my original website.
Thank you

Looking at the error message it looks like the document root of the website ( Home directory path where the website pages are stored ) is wrong . If you want to administrate the website from Plesk you will have to create the website from Plesk control panel only. As you have mentioned that you directly added the website to IIS by passing plesk , Plesk will not recognize the site and the website can not be managed through Plesk.

OK What can I do now.
What are the steps to replace the IIS with plesk ?

I am unable to add any other website from plesk , it shows the error message stated above.

Last edited:
Back