• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Forwarded to devs PhpMyAdmin 4.8.4 lacking export SQL

PXAO

New Pleskian
TITLE:
PhpMyAdmin 4.8.4 lacking export SQL
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
17.8.11 upd 35 or any other version with PhpMyAdmin 4.8.4
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
PhpMyAdmin was updated to version 4.8.4 in latest Plesk versions (see Multiple vulnerabilities in phpMyAdmin: CVE-2018-19968 (PMASA-2018-6), CVE-2018-19969 (PMASA-2018-7), CVE-2018-19970 (PMASA-2018-8)).

However, this version of PhpMyAdmin contains a critical bug with exporting tables in SQL-format: this option is missing (see export to SQL format not available for tables · Issue #14775 · phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin).

The problem was fixed with PhpMyAdmin version 4.8.4.1 (see same github issue).

This affects all domains, all databases and all tables in Plesk.

Please update PhpMyAdmin to 4.8.4.1 as soon as possible.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Go into PhpMyAdmin 4.8.4, choose a database and table, click tab Export and look for export format. The option SQL is missing.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Option SQL is missing.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
SQL export option is available.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
No actual Plesk bug by itself, but critical for operation of domains from within Plesk.
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Help with sorting out

just to share my experience here, it could be something else with your case:

Version 17.8.11 Update #35, last updated
PHPMyAdmin 4.8.4
Mariadb 10.2.19
Export as SQL exist and functional for all levels including tables level.

Regards,

To be precise, the problem has been fixed in master branch. Fix #14775 - export to SQL format not available for tables · phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin@9511484
It is scheduled for 4.8.4.1 release Add ChangeLog entry for #14775 · phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin@a059bc2

Code:
4.8.4.1 (not yet released)
- issue #14794 Not responding to click, frozen interface, plugin Text_Plain_Sql error
- issue #14786 Table level Operations functions missing
- issue #14791 PHP warning, db_export.php#L91 urldecode()
+- issue #14775 Export to SQL format not available for tables

There is 4.8.4.1 release neither on News Downloads nor in github releases phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin yet.

Backporting from the master branch may be a risk.

You're right Igor, my bad. I didn't check whether 4.8.4.1 was actually released. Hopefully it's not going to take them long; it's quite annoying for customers that the serverwide PhpMyAdmin cannot export tables in SQL while unable to do something about it as administrator. I'll keep an eye on it.

just to share my experience here, it could be something else with your case:

Version 17.8.11 Update #35, last updated
PHPMyAdmin 4.8.4
Mariadb 10.2.19
Export as SQL exist and functional for all levels including tables level.

Regards,
Thank you for sharing! All my packages are managed exclusively by Plesk updates, and I didn't add or change any packages myself. After update 35, all PhpMyAdmin's on all my servers ended up with 4.8.4 and the lack of table export in SQL.

Back