• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Input phpMyAdmin Plesk Config Overrides User/Server Config

RAnthony

New Pleskian
Toward the top of config.plesk.php is
if (defined('CONFIG_FILE_USER') && is_readable(CONFIG_FILE_USER)) {
include CONFIG_FILE_USER;
}

However, I believe it should be toward the bottom as it will override any changes we put in place.
For example:
If I have more than 1 Server setup and want a different control host/port/user/pass for each server it cannot happen the way it is set up now.

Thoughts on this?

But would it not be the case in PHP that variable assignments that are done later in a script overwrite assignments that have been done earlier?

That is exactly the issue.
The file "config.plesk.php" includes "config.inc.php" toward the top which means everything in it overrides anything in "config.inc.php"
I am of the mind that "config.inc.php" should be included at the bottom of "config.plesk.php"

Now I got what you mean. Thank you for bringing this up.

It is actually o.k. this way. When you look into the file and the code sample for the config.inc.php file you will notice the array type variables for the server(s). They end on [$i]. $i is 1 for the Plesk configuration. You can add other configurations by adding entries to a different index. It has to be greater 1. For example, you could rename config.sample.inc.php to config.inc.php and add a second section with $i = 2 at the bottom.

As the $i = 1 is reserved for Plesk anyway, your add-on configuration will not be overwritten if the file is included at the top of config.plesk.php.

Back