• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question phpMyAdmin prompts for pswd after cpanel>plesk migration

GlennT

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I've recently performed large migration from cpanel to plesk and now phpMyAdmin prompts for password on every domain user.

I tried going into Plesk DB manager and assigning database to the user and then checking: 'Use this user's credentials by default for accessing phpMyAdmin'

It doesn't work and still prompts for password.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

thx
G

Check that you have line

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';

instead of

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';

in phpMyAdmin config file config.inc.php

Thanks Igor but where is this file located?

I checked /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin and see config.manyhosts.inc.php in examples directory file but this doesn't appear to be correct file.

I don't see config.inc.php in /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin

Thanks
G

I mean /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/config.sample.inc.php that may be renamed to /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php

Hello Igore,
I had this strange issue on a server after I migrated from Cpanel, phpmyadmin always asks for passwords and says,
"Enter the password to log in as the database user user"
I tried your mentioned trick without success and I can't fix manually phpmyadmin credentials for more than 200 databases!
Please help.

Hello @menderes,
I don't think it's related, I use the latest version of Plesk and extensions, also the databases users were migrated and web sites are working fine on new server, it's just phpmyadmin can't login to databases without entering passwords for those databases.
So I have to lookup the passwords of databases so I can use phpmyadmin!

Hi menderes,
I think because Plesk uses different encryption than Cpanel so it couldn't migrate Phpmyadmin credentials from cpanel, this also happened to me with FTP passwords as I had to reset it on Plesk for the same reason, I asked Plesk team for advice or any recommendation or even to verify if I am wrong or right! silence is the answer! Hello Plesk team!.

Back