• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue please fix conflict with each other: MSMTP (relay only), Dovecot

davbod

New Pleskian
followed deceiptive instructions How to configure an external SMTP server in Plesk - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base
and got this error
Installation or removal requests for the following components conflict with each other:

MSMTP (relay only), Dovecot

All conflicts should be resolved before proceeding with update. To resolve the conflict, deselect one or more of the listed components. More conflicts might be detected after you resolve this one and click Continue.

if i let only MSMTP (relay only) i will have only SMTP not and mailboxes

if i let only Dovecot i will have only mailboxes, but not SMTP

seems like is conflict between SMTP and MAilboex.

i have lastest version of plesk. Plese fix, and dont delete anymore my request like previous

and when i am trying to install with terminal from putty i got this:

root@... :~# plesk installer add –components msmtp

ERROR: the option '--components' is required but missing
Run Plesk Installer with the 'help add -v' options for details on the options av ailable with this command.
exit status 1
root@... :~#

after i try to install dovecot is giving me this error

The following components depend on the components you are going to remove or conflict with components you are going to install:

MSMTP (relay only)

These components have been selected for removal below. To confirm removal of all additional components, click Continue. To cancel removal or installation of certain components, select the corresponding option from the actions list.

Installation or removal requests for the following components conflict with each other:

All conflicts should be resolved before proceeding with update. To resolve the conflict, deselect one or more of the listed components. More conflicts might be detected after you resolve this one and click Continue.

This is correct behavior. When MSMTP is installed there will be no mail-related functionality available in Plesk. The Mail section and UI elements related to mailboxes are not available. As described in the Plesk documentation. And you can use either MSMTP or Dovecot with Postfix. Not both.

If you want to relay email and keep mail functionality in Plesk you're best option is to customize your servers Postfix configuration. And example explanation for changing the Postfix configuration for use with SendGrid can be found here. The same steps applicable for almost any other email provider.

If you click "next" on this step it will check the dependencies and tell you as well that you cannot install install MSMTP if you want to keep Dovecot

If you click "next" on this step it will check the dependencies and tell you as well that you cannot install install MSMTP if you want to keep Dovecot
you are just repeating what i writed first time in the post:
"
followed deceiptive instructions How to configure an external SMTP server in Plesk - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base
and got this error

if i let only MSMTP (relay only) i will have only SMTP not and mailboxes

if i let only Dovecot i will have only mailboxes, but not SMTP

seems like is conflict between SMTP and MAilboex.

i have lastest version of plesk. Plese fix, and dont delete anymore my request like previous"

please write some solution if you know, don't repeat the same of subject of the post

The "solution" was already posted in this thread, but you seem to not understand it (or ignore it)

It is technically not possible to install/use the MSMTP service, if you have a POP3/IMAP server (dovecot or courier) installed.

If you want to use MSMTP, you need to remove the POP3/IMAP service
If you still want to use dovecot, you cannot install/use the MSMTP service

The "solution" was already posted in this thread, but you seem to not understand it (or ignore it)

It is technically not possible to install/use the MSMTP service, if you have a POP3/IMAP server (dovecot or courier) installed.

If you want to use MSMTP, you need to remove the POP3/IMAP service
If you still want to use dovecot, you cannot install/use the MSMTP service
Because if i am activating MSMTP on version 18.0.48 i can not have and MSMTP and Dovecot (mailboxes from plesk) because they are conflicting each other. Now i am looking to have MSMTP and to set somehow external mailboxes but to keep the extension of my domain for example [email protected] or [email protected]

so again to have MSMTP on plesk and to set somehow mailboxes to keep the domain name for example [email protected] or [email protected]

How? Thank you!

Back