• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Please help me to run plesk cli on Debian

gmg777

New Pleskian
I have a problem using Plesk cli on Debian (OS: ‪Debian 10.8‬ Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.33 Update #1)
Server Administration Panel of Plesk works fine, no problem, but if I try to execute command on SSH - I get an error:

( execute commands as root)

root@hungry-carv:~# plesk
bash: plesk: command not found

root@hungry-carv:/usr/local/psa/bin# plesk

root@hungry-carv:/opt/psa/bin# plesk

I used the recommendations from this article, but this doesn't work in my case...
I understand that the problem is probably in the wrong path, but I could not find a solution in the documentation for Plesk....

Last edited:
Looks like a corrupted Plesk installation: not all the required Plesk packages are installed on the server.
  1. Download Plesk installer script:
    # wget https://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk-installer
  2. Add executable permission to the downloaded script:
    # chmod +x ./plesk-installer
  3. Run the script and proceeded further on the menu to install the missing packages:
    # sh ./plesk-installer

I found a solution of this problem.
I did search for executable files and find correct path to Plesk CLI in my server - /usr/sbin/
Now CLI works fine:

root@hungry-carv:/# /usr/sbin/plesk
Usage: plesk [command]

Commands:
bin - Run the specified Plesk command-line utility (e.g., domain, client)
checkupgrade - Download the preupgrade checker for the latest, or specific Plesk version
conf - Open the specified Plesk configuration file in the editor

OR

root@hungry-carv:/usr/sbin# ./plesk version
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.33.1
OS version: Debian 10.8 x86_64
Build date: 2021/02/25 14:00

I will be glad if this information helps someone.

Back