• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Please help! Plesk installation uninstalled after removing php5

I have a file named "mysql.daily.dump.0.gz" that was last night 4am before this entire problem.. is this the correct plesk database that holds all customers domains, plans, plesk settings?

Sure, it contain mysqldump of local databases. And I advice to create a backup of current databases before restore

Is there any way that you can help with this. I will pay you.. I am running on no sleep, an empty stomach, and its 7:23am.. any minute I will be receiving emails and complaints from customers.. do you have skype?

Also, where would the other databases be located? Once I restore Plesk, its just the beginning. Now I have to make sure all website databases are up and running..

Also, where would the other databases be located? Once I restore Plesk, its just the beginning. Now I have to make sure all website databases are up and running..

You mean database dumps? Plesk only dump own databases + mysql in /var/lib/psa/dumps/. But even mysql server deinstall doesn't remove users databases

I mean all website databases. If i restore the psa database, are all website databases going to maintain in one place in var/lib/mysql and operating once restored?

Restoring databases by

zcat /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.daily.dump.0.gz | mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

should not affect databases from hosting. But you may wish create a dump of current state

/var/lib/mysql is location for mysql bases in binary form, copy to/from another source may cause their corruption

Back