• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.1.1#14 -> 10.2.0 upgrade issues

GeertL

New Pleskian
Hi,

I just upgraded a clean installed Plesk 10.1.1 (with patchlevel 14) to Plesk 10.2.0 on a Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit server.

So far I discovered the following issues:

1) According to the Changelog file: [qoute]"[+] (Only for Linux) Encrypted password in /etc/psa/.psa.shadow. The file .psa.shadow no longer contains the administrator's password in the plain-text format. Instead, this file contains an encrypted hash of the password. This improves the security level and prevents attempts to gain the administrative access to Panel by stealing the password.

This change does not anyhow affect typical commands that used the password. For example, you are free to run "mysql –uadmin –p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa". In case you wish to obtain the plain-text password, use the "/usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password" call."[/qoute]

My .psa.shadow file was not upgraded to the encrypted version and I'm still not sure how to make Plesk encrypt the password - as a password change through Plesk did not encrypt the password - just updated it to the new one.

2) My custom mail handlers was deleted under the upgrade - causing qmail to start rejecting all messages to the server as qmail coulden't find the registered user-handlers.

Solution: remove the custom-handler via
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng --remove-handler [xxxx]
and create the user-handlers dir in /usr/local/psa/handlers again - and copy back my custom handler scripts and run the
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng --add-handler [xxxx]
routines again.

3) My MagicSpam module stopped working.

Solution: disable the module via Modules -> MagicSpam -> Disable Protection and enable it again - this made MagicSpam start working again.

--
Kind regards
Geert Lund - www.GLD.dk

Back