• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.3/Sendmail server, iptables issue on client

S

SheldonJ

Hello all.

I'm currently working with a centos 5.6 based server which is using plesk and qmail smtp server. I dont know if this is a plesk issue or a qmail issue, but since they came together as one in the same I'm guessing this is the place to ask. (I did not do the initial set up so I may be barking up the wrong tree).

The problem isn't the server itself exactly, rather that on our workstations we are unable to connect send emails with attachments via this smtp service. This appears to be a problem with iptables as after so many packets, iptables views the ACK packets sent from the server after roughly 100kb of data transfer to be unrelated to other packets and begins to drop them.

The iptables rules are fairly simple, the important ones in use here are as follows:

$IPTABLES -P INPUT DROP
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -p ALL -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

If I flush the tables and change the default policy back to accept, all works fine, but this doesn't solve our problem as we need a local firewall on each workstation.

To be honest I dont think this is solely a iptables issue, rather how it reacts with plesk/qmail since I have tested it with other mail services (all through thunderbird) and this is the only one to fail.

If anyone can offer any help or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Back