• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.4.4 PHP does not pass $_POST data

Jeff Knapp

New Pleskian
---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Parallels Panel, 10.4.4 Update #15, Linux 2.6.18-028stab091.2, CentOS 5.6, PHP 5.2.17

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

All attempts to pass data by POST in a form has no results. Have tried 100's of different types of forms and variables, but nothing works. I have even reduced a form to just a simple "type name:" and echo from the form. NOTHING. The form resets itself with blank data. I tried moving the PHP script to another file. The page forwards to the new file, but not the data. I have tried to research the matter until I am blue in the face. I have tried to increase the default max post size, turned PHP safe mode off, turned mod_globals on, switched from apache module to fastCGI to CGI for PHP... anything to try and get PHP to pass the data. (currently switched back to fastCGI) Still nothing and no other suggestions I have found on the web.

ACTUAL RESULT

All data submitted in HTML form is not passed to PHP $_POST variable. I also have two X-Cart shopping cart systems running on my server and they are both broken after this update.

EXPECTED RESULT

Data should pass as intended.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
--------------------------------------------------------------
If you would like to seethis in action, please request this info from me and I can send you the link to the simple form I described above. I would be more than happy to post my code knowing it is flawless and sites that worked previously no longer work. I can also send you my phpinfo() configuration, which I have compared to another Plesk server I am running (10.3.1) and everything looks to be the same. Let me know what you need to solve the problem as quickly as possible. Thanks, Jeff

Check your /etc/php.ini
Find post_max_size. I suspect it is something like:
post_max_size = 10MB
It should be:
post_max_size = 10M

Just a guess...

php.ini

Thanks for the reply. I was able to isolate the problem and found that if the default max_upload_size, post_max_size, etc. is any different than what you set up in the subscription, it breaks PHP. I tested this under several different conditions and always came to the same result. If I made them equal to eachother, PHP would work, as long as that size was under 255M. Thanks again for your response. I had forgotten that I left this post open. It would seem to be a bug within 10.4.4 with the new PHP settings for individual domains, but I suspect most people would not try to change the settings for individual subscription other than the original server defaults in php.ini.

That is odd behavior... We have some scripts used to upload stupid-large files and have our settings for max_upload_size, et al at 1G without issue. Oh well, at least you figured it out. :) Oh yeah, we are still on 10.2, it may very well be a bug with 10.4.4.

Back