• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10 Kills ColdFusion 9

Mike Legg

Basic Pleskian
I have a brand new Windows 2008 64 bit server.

I installed ColdFusion 9 and the 9.0.1 Update - all good - Can access the CF Administrator.

I install Plesk 10.3.0 - ColdFusion immediately stops working - can no longer access the CF Administrator.

I look through Plesk documentation - can't even find the words "ColdFusion".

Where do I go from here?

All I can work out is ...

IIS7.5 sets up the default web site at C:\inetpub\wwwroot (This can't be changed during installation)

But Plesk wants to use C:\Inetpub\vhosts\ (Or in our case D:\Inetpub\vhosts\) to store the websites.

As soon as Plesk installation is performed, the default site and any virtual directories that rely on it (eg. CF Administrator) stop working.

I've used xcopy C:\inetpub D:\Inetpub /E /O /I to copy the files and permissions from the old drive to the new, and changed the default web site location in IIS, but get the same error.

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

All I can think of is to reformat the drives and start again and see if theres a way to get Plesk to use the existing IIS paths. The problem with that is we will lose the security advantages of storing the user data and OS on different drives.

OK, Take 2

I've reformatted the drive, reinstalled Windows 2008 R2 and reinstalled ColdFusion 9.01.

This time I've pre-empted Plesk's pathing structure by installing the CFIDE virtual folder at D:\Inetpub\vhosts\CFIDE.

Everything is working properly, even though CFIDE is a virtual folder related to the default website which is still located at C:\inetpub\wwwroot.

I will now install Plesk and we'll see what happens.

Exactly the same thing happened again.

As soon as Plesk is installed the default web site ceases to work.

Can anyone fom Parallels tell me how to install Plesk without it destroying the default web site (and the virtual folders that rely on it) ?

I'm trying to lodge a support ticket regarding this incident ... after completing and submitting a lengthy detailed form outlining the problem the system tells me I have to go elsewhere for support.

Why then did the support link take me to a form that it knew couldn't help me?

I'm working hard to retain my composure and remain polite, but everytime I have anything to do with Parallels it turns into a painful ordeal.

I've purchased "Per Incident" support.

You wouldn't believe how hard it is for me to pay money to someone to fix a product that claimed to work when I purchased it.

UPDATE: A ticket has been created in the system.

The email that I received mentions a "30-days from purchase free support period" I wish there was some mention of that on the support options page. I could have saved $75.00

Last edited:
Parallels Tech Support have fixed the problem with the default web site. They reported as follows ...

When I check the handler mapping for the default website on IIS, I found that the handler AboMapperCustom-49593 is having invalid path for 'isapi.dll'.

I replaced the path in to "C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\isapi.dll" then restarted the default website. Now the page is working without any error.

Now I just have to get the CFIDE site working again.

I've purchased "Per Incident" support.

You wouldn't believe how hard it is for me to pay money to someone to fix a product that claimed to work when I purchased it.

UPDATE: A ticket has been created in the system.

The email that I received mentions a "30-days from purchase free support period" I wish there was some mention of that on the support options page. I could have saved $75.00

Hey Mike! Noticed your post, and I went ahead and contacted our Customer Service team to make sure you get your refund ASAP! You should be seeing a refund for your purchase of your incident within 5-7 business days.

Back