• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 mail queue search for recipient doesn't work for forwarded messages

websavers

Regular Pleskian
I'm running:
  • Plesk 11.5 update 30
  • CentOS 6.6
  • postfix-2.8.14-13040119.x86_64
If i go to Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings > Mail Queue tab, I find a list of messages in the queue. When I then search for a recipient's email address (or portion of an address) for a recipient that's clearly showing stuck in the deferred queue, it searches the original recipients only and returns results for messages originally addressed to a gmail.com address.

The problem is that many of the deferred messages were originally addressed to a local address on the server which are configured as forwards to external addresses. In the mail queue list, it will show the recipient as the final destination (a Gmail account in this case), but the headers only show the original local delivery address.

Here's an example to highlight the problem:

Let's say the domain doublecross.net is hosted on my Plesk server and I have the email address [email protected] set up as a mailname. [email protected] is configured to redirect/forward to [email protected] in Plesk.

Spam is then sent to [email protected], but Gmail blocks it as it detects that it is spam.

The Mail Queue will show the message as deferred in the queue, ready to be delivered to [email protected], however if you click on the message to view the headers, the headers only ever show the original delivery info -- to [email protected].

So when I then search for the recipient showing in the list ([email protected]), I get no results.

When searching the mail queue, shouldn't it search for messages addressed externally via configured forwards as well?

CORRELATED BUG:
Note that these headers seem to also create problems with the Plesk server IP being blocklisted by Gmail and Microsoft servers quite regularly. This is because in the same example as above, when a message does reach the Gmail server that is spam, the Gmail server believes the message has been sent from the Plesk server and will eventually blacklist its IP address once enough spam is sent to the Gmail server via the redirect.

Is there a way to indicate to the Gmail server that the Plesk server is just one hop along the route, rather than having it come across as the source of the spam?

Back