• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 no longer stable?!

freaky@

Regular Pleskian
Hi there,

around a month ago one of our 2 ubuntu 12.04 LTS based installs was upgraded to 11.5 from 11.0 through the webinstaller. Apparently this was marked stable as it's set to general.

Around a week later I logged on to the other one and it said it had the upgrade as well (also set to general release). Didn't apply it then. Logged on again a couple of days later to install it, and whilst the admin front page still showed the alert on 11.5 being available - the update manager (web gui) no longer showed 11.5, just some patches.

Another couple of days later the news on the admin front page has disappeared as well.

I'm wondering what's going on. Why is 11.5 no longer listed?

From CLI I see 11.0 is marked 'stable' whereas 11.5 seems to be marked "current" and "testing". Now I'm not sure if "current" implies stable, but it would seem to me 11.5 had a stable status at some point but that this was revoked. Is that correct? Not sure what to make of this...

The CLI installer on the 11.5 install says (*) Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5.30 (currently installed) <--- NOTE NO STABLE
The CLI installer on the 11.0 install says:
2. ( ) Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5.30
3. (*) Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9 (stable) (currently installed)

Note the additional 'stable' entry here.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

TIA

Plesk 11.5 has never been tagged "stable" (AKA "Late adopter").

It was "current" till today (AKA "Early adopter") and will become "release" (AKA "General") today.
There was a bug with some people seeing 11.5 prematurely - they saw "Early Adopter" release while their preference was "General". It has been fixed the same day as 11.5 release, but some people saw the notification before the fix removed the notification. Your symptoms make me think it was your case.

Thanks, that must be it.

Not sure how to respond tho'. I could act like I'm very upset that my main server hosting ~300 domains runs unstable software now - but so far I haven't seen a single plesk release that was stable on Ubuntu ;). Sure hope this will improve soon... I have no experience with it running on CentOS for example, but from what I got from the supplier it should be much better.

I can only presume that's why late adopter was invented.

Thanks for the re' :).

​The Plesk Service team is pleased to announce that Plesk 11.5 has entered into the Stable state.

Back