• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11 Horde 4.3.11 spell check

rbstern

Basic Pleskian
I have a relatively new, clean install of Plesk 11.0.9 on CentOS 6.3 (Final), and i have just finished migrating domains to it from two older Plesk Linux servers.

One of my customers is reporting that spell checking doesn't work in Horde. After some poking around, I found that the aspell package wasn't installed. I was able to install it via yum. That didn't fix the problem. I believe I also need the aspell English dictionary, and it's not available with the default repositories.

The domains on this server were migrated from Plesk 10.x and Plesk 8.5, and the users were accustomed to the Horde spell check working. Not sure why aspell and dictionaries wouldn't be part of the Plesk image.

Looking for some guidance.

Igor, thanks for the follow up. That got me part of the way there; hunspell was already installed and configured, and I have changed the config file to use hunspell, which it is now doing.

The dictionary parameter for American english used in /etc/psa-webmail/horde/horde/nls.php is:

$nls['spelling']['en_US'] = '-d american';

That's not correct. Shell example:

# hunspell -d american
Can't open affix or dictionary files for dictionary named "american".

However,

# hunspell -d en_US
Hunspell 1.2.8

works.

To account for this, I've made the following change in /etc/psa-webmail/horde/horde/nls.php

/**
** $nls['spelling']['en_US'] = '-d american';
**/
$nls['spelling']['en_US'] = '-d en_US';

However, the spell checker still does not work. Log result:

May 21 02:21:56 HORDE [error] [imp] spellcheck failed: Error: No word lists can be found for the language "en_US".
[pid 12102 on line 109 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Imple/SpellChecker.php"]

Any further advice appreciated.

Igor, I was able to install the 64 bit of the aspell-en package, reset my configuraton to use aspell instead of hunspell, and all is working now.

Thank you for the tips!

Back