• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11 to 12 migration. SQL mass insert root

Miguel_Tellería

Basic Pleskian
Dear all,

On a machine that had been upgraded from Plesk 11 to Plesk 12 we cannot turn hostings from redirect to physical. We always fall into the error message:

Error: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value. ('home' = '')

We can address each suscription with the remedy of KB [URL='http://kb.odin.com/en/122227']122227 but we have to apply this on a one by one basis.[/URL]

From the KB 122227 article we have developped the following query that detects domains without any entry in the ServiceInstanceProperties table

select t1.id as domainID, t1.name as domainName, t2.id as subscId, t3.id as serviceInstancesID,t4.name, t4.value from domains t1 left join Subscriptions t2 on t1.id=t2.object_id left join ServiceInstances t3 on t2.id=t3.servicePackageID left join ServiceInstanceProperties t4 on t4.serviceInstanceId=t3.id where t3.serviceInstallationID=(select id from ServiceInstallations where name = 'PleskFileSystem') and t4.name is null order by domainID;

Applying this query to:
- A brand new Plesk 12 server with 295 subscription yields an empty list.
- A migrated server from Plesk 11 to Plesk 12 yields a list of all previous subscriptions and the subdomains of after-migration created subscriptions.

Furthermore, the following erroroneus behaviour is observed:

0. Locate a subscription with a "redirect hosting" that existed before the migration (or change the hosting type from a physical one if you can sacrify its contents).

1. Change the hosting type to physical

You would obtain the error mentioned above.

What I would like to ask in this thread:

- Acknowledge that other people have this same issue.
- Confirm that if I do a systematic insert of name=root and value=/var/www/vhosts/<domain.tld> I would not do any harm

Regards,

Miguel Telleria

Back