• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problem with certificates after Migration from Debian 9 to Debian 11

Team-Support

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.44 Update #3
Hello there.

We migrated our plesk system from our old Debian 9 machine to a new Debian 11 machine. While the migration went smoothly overall, we are now encountering a few issues and I am not sure if Plesk itself, apache or something else is the reason for this.

The behaviour is as follows:
First of all, when we migrated we sometimes had 2 or 3 certificates per domain. Sometimes because they got a new one but the old was still active for some time and sometimes older ones were not deleted. Some of those had the exact same name.
After migration the certificates with the same name now also were the same, with the same license, period and everything else. We assume that the migrator just overwrote the second file with the same name as the first.

The more important issue however:
A few of our websites generate error messages when we try to switch the certificate. This results in the certificate simply switching back after some time. And indeed, if I take a look at the file the domain.conf references: This file does not exist at all. Here is one example for example.com on our new host "host.de":

Unable to generate the web server configuration file on the host <host.de> because of the following errors: Template_Exception: AH00526: Syntax error on line 35 of /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/example.com.conf: SSLCertificateFile: file '/opt/psa/var/certificates/scflojf7t' does not exist or is empty file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php line: 75 code: 0 Please resolve the errors in web server configuration templates and generate the file again.

As I said, when I look at line 35 in the file it references the plesk certificate folder but the file it references doesn't exist. Also, where would I access the Abstract.php, as the file tells me I can only view it in plesk?

Also, we some times, but not allways, get this mail:

Unable to generate the web server configuration file on the host <host.de> because of the following errors: Template_Exception: AH00526: Syntax error on line 3 of /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/conf/vhost.conf: Invalid command 'php_admin_value', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php line: 75 code: 0 Please resolve the errors in web server configuration templates and generate the file again.

This in case only shows me this file, I only found online that this line can apparently commented out?

<Directory /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs> Options +FollowSymLinks php_admin_value open_basedir "/var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs:/tmp:/opt/typo3" </Directory>

Now, as said, I am not sure where the error lies, if it has to do with apache, or with Debian 11 or with Plesk itself. So any help at all would be great.

Hey,
Yeah, I tried that this morning and it fixed the issues. I also still had the migration processed not finished, so that may have also caused issues.

Thanks for the help though!

Back